Thursday, June 21, 2007

Naan Dawgs

What to do after work to feed the family, on the first (nice) day of spring? I want to fire up the grill. A stop at the local Trader Joe's found a nice thick Indian Naan in the bread section. Later, a pass by the sausage section- culinary serendipity!

The "Naan Dawg" is born.

Now, you can use any sausage you want, but I found a really nice chicken Mushroom Asiago that was tasty and low fat. Very tasty...

You know the drill. Put the "dawgs" on the grill (medium heat). As you turn the "dawgs" to finish, place the Naan on the grill to heat. You want to get the bread nice, warm and pliable (not crisp) to accommodate the sausage.

Place "dawgs" and Naan in foil to keep warm and ready to serve. Finish with your favorite garnishes! I like Dijon mustard, a little Ketchup and diced dill pickles (relish).




K says: "They're great! Come on! I've never had something as great as that! My whole family eats them."



Seriously. Try this on the grill. You won't be disappointed...


5 comments:

flutter said...

look pretty tasty and almost meat-like

mielikki said...

yum. Asiago cheese, even? What time is dinner!

mielikki said...

Is it me, or are the Naan dawgs starting to look moldy. You know, from age, and uh, how long they've had to SIT THERE?
I know your cooking. You wouldn't starve your family. I have my sources. . .

Yaniv said...

Have you tried TJ's frozen naan? It's much better than the "fresh" stuff.

julie said...

Never thought of using naan with dawgs. Might have to try that.